AP & IB Scores
A score of 3 or higher on the AP Calculus AB or BC exam or a score of 5 or higher on the International Baccalaureate Higher Level Mathematics or Further Mathematics exams
- satisfies the Math Placement prerequisite to enroll in calculus courses,
- earns UCSC course credit,
- satisfies the Mathematical and Formal Reasoning (MF) General Education requirement, and
- satisfies the mathematics requirement for the Psychology major and Environmental Studies major.
Transfer & Other Credit
You may be able to receive transfer credit for college level math courses at either a community college or another four year college or university. You must submit official transcripts and any supporting documentation by the appropriate deadlines.
The 2021 Conditions of Admission Contract FAQs page has detailed information:
- See question #5 in the section for Admitted First Year Students
- See question #6 in the section for Transfer Students.